Friday, June 28, 2013

Just what I need... more books

I'm really loving book three in my quest. Ann Radcliffe's The Romance of the Forest is fabulous. I'm only part-way through and the plot is just starting to get revved up but still... it's really great.

A suitcase full of books
That being said, I'm starting to wonder about how much my wife actually loves me. She is well aware of my recent decision to commit myself to reading every book in our house. She's well aware that it will take me well into my 70s to finish the books we already own.

So what does she do? She brings home a suitcase of books. More books. Difficult books that she found at a sale at the local university library. And she tell me she has more to bring home...

Just look at that picture. That's a lot of books. Why would she do that to me? As one friend said, she obviously doesn't want to have to spend too much time with me for the rest of our lives.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: about this blog, about the books I'm reading; about the books you're reading. Goodness knows, I need more things to read!