Thursday, June 13, 2013

Not at this rate...

It doesn't look like I'm going to get all my reading done before I die. Not at this rate, anyway.

I am just over one-quarter of the way through Ann Radcliffe's The Italian, an 18th Century gothic romance that has really got me hooked. I'm enjoying it too much to want to tear through it just to get it done.

But I've been reading it now for five days and that means it will take me almost three weeks to complete. That scares me a little... especially since I'm planning to go to a yard sale on Saturday that promises to have lots and lots of great novels to purchase.

So I guess I have to make my choice now: read as fast as I can in order to put up big numbers or accept that I'm not going to finish reading all 1123 books in my life time and take the time to enjoy each one that I do read.

With Vivaldi trapped in a chamber in the ruins of an old castle and his beloved Elenna spirited away to an isolated, mountain convent by a group of rogues in monks' habits, I think I'll choose to take my time and enjoy the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: about this blog, about the books I'm reading; about the books you're reading. Goodness knows, I need more things to read!