Monday, June 10, 2013

Rethinking and recounting

I'm about into The Italian and I'm very much enjoying it. I can't say the characters are particularly deep or well-rounded but the writing is interesting and the images engrossing.

That being said, I've been doing some math. If I read a book every fives days (which is reasonable for most books), that means I'll take a total of 5615 days to read all of the 1123 books currently in our house that I have not yet read.

With 365 days in a year, that means it will take me, what, 16 years or so to read them all?

Yikes. I think it's time to modify the rules of my little project. Here we go. I will read all novels, plays and individual books of poetry in the house that I have not already read. I will skip the non-fiction, including philosophy and critical theory, as well as self-help and history books. Well... maybe I'll read the history ones.

So here goes: I will read the novels, plays and poetry as well as the history books. Nothing else.

Now I need to go back and count again, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: about this blog, about the books I'm reading; about the books you're reading. Goodness knows, I need more things to read!