Friday, July 12, 2013

Three down... on to The Female Quixote

Book three completed. On to book four: Charlotte Lennox's The Female Quixote.

Okay, so things aren't gong exactly as I planned. Instead of spending five days on each book, I'm at about two weeks. Slow progress, to be sure. And I don't think Lennox's 1752 satire is going to speed things up any. Not that I expect it will be bad -- it's just 400 pages long, small print and densely written.

I loved book three: The Romance of the Forest. Radcliffe was a wonderful writer, even if she seems to have overdosed on travellogues somewhere along the way. And that's one of the other problems with a reading challenge like this: if I find a writer I very much enjoy, I don't feel I can take the time to track down and read all of her other books.

Oh well... rules are made to be broken, I guess.

I may have to use the fire place to thin the ranks of the unread books. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: about this blog, about the books I'm reading; about the books you're reading. Goodness knows, I need more things to read!